Thursday, February 24, 2011

Food and Cooking in The Philippines






I have to continue with my theme of eating all of the local foods while I travel. And, I have also been taking cooking classes in each of the countries that I visit. Here in The Philippines, there is a ton of great seafood which I love! I also took a great cooking class and made some local favorites. We made a sauce out of fresh cut ginger, soy sauce, fresh chopped sauteed garlic (caramelized), a small amount of chili pepper and salt/pepper. You can simmer meat or seafood in this sauce for about an hour and it was amazing. Here are the photos....

1 comment:

  1. If you have time to trek to Angeles, Pampanga, which is north of Metro Manila, check out Bale Dutung, chef-owned and was featured in No Reservations about a year ago. My family raves about it, a real culinary experience. Let me know if you'll have time to link with local folks, and I'll ask my brother and his wife to meet you.

    ReplyDelete